My Twitter Feed

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Train: Story No. 2

The Second Story

It was a dark night, not one of those nights which had the moon and the stars. It was just plain dark. You would probably not be able to even see your hand in front of you in the darkness. “Power Cut!” I heard someone say in the darkness. Well here I was all alone in the dark night on platform No. 2 at the train station. A chilling breeze blew across from the railway tracks and made me shudder all over. I dropped my bag.

As I bent over to pick it up, the lights came on and I saw the train in the tracks in front of the platform. “Now how could that be? I didn’t even hear the train come by.” I picked up my bag and peered into the train. It was empty. I looked around and saw no one. Suddenly I had a feeling that I was in some cooky B-grade horror movie. I pinched myself hard and left a mark that lasted three days. Ow!!!!

“Ok, now is not a time to think of movies. Just find your coach and get in” and so with this thought I bravely stepped into the coach. I walked ahead, found my seat and sat down. The lights flickered. I turned off the ceiling fan and heard its slow whirrrrrrr.

There he was, sitting right opposite me. He had asked me to accompany him on this journey. It was a little awkward. Here I was, a young lady, with a person whom I have known only for about three months. So why am I doing this? Because he told me that he had something really important to tell me. I am surprised though by the fact that I did agree to meet up and travel with him. Very surprising! But what was more intriguing was the discussion!!!!! What was it that he had to tell me so urgently? What could it be? All week long he sent me little clues and teasers but they were all too vague. Just when I thought that I had finally cracked the puzzle, he sent me a clue that totally took me off guard. He asked me if I was comfy and I replied back saying that I was. I asked him what he wanted to tell me and he told me to wait until the train began to move. The next five minutes felt like five hours. The train then slowly started chugging out of the station. I started pestering him again, “Tell me, tell me tell me.” But all that he would say was “Be patient.”

He then pulled out his earphones and told me to listen through them. I listened and giggled. He was talking to me in the recorded message. He told me how difficult it had been to keep the “secret” for so long. Then out of nowhere the message said that to know the secret, I should ask him :(
How the ***$%^&%$#? I was both amused and irritated. How could he still keep up the surprise? Then I asked him. He got up from his seat and sat beside me, looked into my eyes and said “I Love you”.

And there I was, shocked and surprised and happy and overjoyed. Too many emotions in one instance. I looked at him and tears started rolling down my cheeks. It had been a while since I had tears of joy. He looked at me concerned and asked if everything was alright. I said yes and that I was really happy. I got up and gave him a huge hug. The horn of the train ensured that only he heard my response and no one else.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty funny!!

We expect sth and end up with sth else, sometimes it sounds pleasant too ....(my imaginations abt the secret were weird though:P)