My Twitter Feed

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

DEMOCRACY: WHAT I SAW AND FELT...

Democracy… that which is seen in almost all the countries in the world… Is it good or bad??

Well my personal opinion is that democracy is not for development… I don’t like democracy because you end up choosing between two or more incompetent (couldn’t find any other decent words) people.

Why is it called the power of the people when the only power that people have to is to elect other people???? Shouldn’t development be the key for any government? Why is power, money, greed and corruption the key now-a-days?

I just wish that elected representatives do what they are supposed to do for the benefit of the people. Believe me one complete development oriented 5-year term is all that will take to turn this country around…

But in the current state, I just wish that no one votes for a candidate who does not focus on development. I feel that a dictator or a communist style would do better for the same…

But people still have faith in this wretched system… My neighbor is constructing a new house. There is lady who works in that construction… You can imagine my surprise when I heard that the lady took a 2 day leave from work just so that she can go to her native town in Tamil Nadu to vote in the assembly elections there. Whoa….

So why don’t the elected idiots realize that this is how much each vote they get is worth?
Imagine… a normal laborer forfeits 2 days work to vote…!

Just hope that the elected reps worry about something other than their own pockets…

Me? Well I do intend to vote when elections come around in my state… As said earlier it wouldn’t be for one who hasn’t done anything for the place…

When will this nation see a bright future? Hope the later generations are more honest than their predecessors…

Good night and… Good Luck
May the Force be with you!!!

No comments: