My Twitter Feed

Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Oozing Pink Liquid....

It was a dark and stormy night. I decided that since there was gonna be a power cut anyways (as is always with dark and stormy nights in Bangalore) i might as well get my hair cut (whatever lil left on my head that is).

It went ominously well. As i walked back home, i looked up to see lightning flash across the sky. Zeus apparently had a spat with his wife. Oh well, lesser mortals had to bear the brunt every time Zeus had a family issue.

I reached home and walked into my shower. The soap was there in its usual location and so were the other things. I opened the cabinet and found this pink liquid. "Another New fangled shampoo that my mom bought, i see. " Oh well, off to my beauty bath.

The shower gave out a cool stream of water. I opened the shampoo bottle and poured some of the pink liquid on to my hand. Surprisingly it didn't lather. Muttering a quiet curse, i continued to wash my hair. Then came the soap as i approached the end of my bath. Suddenly out of nowhere.... it came.

A burning sensation in the eyes. My eyes were on fire. Water! Water! i gasped and then i realized that i was in the bathroom. I rushed to the nearest shower (the only one in the bathroom anyway) with a speed greater than that exhibited by cricketers when they rush to get endorsements. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggggggggggghhhhh!!!! More water sprayed onto my face but the burning feeling would not dissipate. Soap and Pink liquid formed a lethal combination...

I quickly finished my bath and ran downstairs to get something for the eye. My mom stopped me on the way just like a guard would stop a speeding train.

M: What happened?
Me: My eyes are burning. What sort of new shampoo was that?
M: Which one?
Me: The pink one in my bathroom.
M: Pink one?

and so saying, she went to investigate. The seconds felt longer than hours. Then a huge sound came from above. I thought Zeus had finally lost his bearings as i rushed above only to find my mom......


......laughing. She was laughing like there was no tomorrow.

Me: What Happened?
M: That wasn't shampoo. That was Lizol (for the uninitiated, floor cleaning liquid). Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Me: (With a dazed and confused look that is but natural to me) What? Aaaaaaaarghhhhhh!!!


The rest as they say is history. My head, face and hands smelt funny for a week. My mom was proud that her son finally managed to take a proper bath and for everyone else... heres the story....

you may laugh in piece.

No comments: